This protein-packed hearty salad is sure to please all family members. Using a homemade yogurt-based dressing, you’ll skip the added vegetable oils often found in processed, store-bought dressing while adding in an extra serving of protein. Mom tip: reserve a small amount of the dressing and offer it as a dip for the breaded chicken.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Breaded baked chicken:
1.5- 2 lbs thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
2 medium heads of organic Romaine lettuce.
1/2 cup shredded or thinly shaved parmesan cheese
Freshly cracked black pepper
1 cup plain greek yogurt
⅓ cup olive oil
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
HOW TO PREPARE
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease the baking dish. Place the melted butter in a large bowl. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate large bowl.
2. Dip each chicken breast into the melted butter until fully coated and then dip into the bread mixture until lightly coated. Place the chicken in the greased baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, depending on the thickness of the breasts or cook until the temperature of the chickens reaches 165 degrees.
3. While the chicken is baking, prepare the salad and dressing.
4. Wash and dry the romaine lettuce, chop and add to a large bowl. Mix all the dressing ingredients together. (The dressing should maintain a thick yogurt consistency) Add the dressing to the prepared lettuce and mix thoroughly, coating all of the lettuce.
5. When chicken is fully cooked, either cut into strips or smaller pieces, or serve as a whole chicken breast, over the top of the prepared salad. Top with shredded or shaved parmesan cheese and fresh pepper to taste.
*This recipe does not contain anchovies or raw egg. To make it gluten-free, substitute regular bread crumbs with gluten-free bread crumbs. Substitute chicken for grilled or baked salmon, shrimp or steak or skip the meat entirely and enjoy it as a heartier side salad. Add croutons for extra crunch.
Leave a Reply.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
THE LONGEVITY CLUB
163 Rutledge Avenue
Charleston, SC 29403
For press inquiries, please contact: Julie Montgomery at firstname.lastname@example.org or Maria Racanelli at email@example.com
For general inquiries and support, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2023